3.08.2008

My Birthday Plans

Okay, my birthday's coming up in 2 weeks and Jerome has been asking me what I wanted as a gift. My first answer was, "Peace and quiet" and after a few seconds I replied, "A stress-free day". Honestly, I have never been really big on birthday celebrations. Unlike my lola who jumps at every opportunity to arrange parties at home, I, in turn, prefer dining out or just coffee at Starbucks with family and closest friends. I prefer several small get-togethers than one big party. My motto has always been to be completely relaxed and happy on my special day, while surrounding myself with loved-ones and friends.

So for this year, birthday plans are already underway.

1. Luckily, my birthday this year falls on Easter Sunday, so I feel doubly-blessed! Since its going to be on a Sunday, i'll be spending it with family and relatives over a simple lunch or dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. And since its my birthday, Arvin has allowed me to pick which one! Woohoo!

2. My office friends and I have been forever planning to go to Enchanted Kingdom but never gotten around to doing so (that, plus dancing lessons, cooking lessons, French lessons, go on an out of town trip, etc. hehe). So finally, it's settled, that on my birthday we're going to EK and celebrate my turning 27 with some kiddie fun! Can't wait!

3. When my college bestfriend, Rachel, and I decided to go out of town next weekend, it wasn't really for my birthday, but it was to detoxify and de-stress ourselves from our hectic lives in the city. But since it will be near my birthday, I'm going to count this one too! So together with good friends, Gail and Chichi, we'll be going to Batangas for that much needed "just-us-girls" vacation. Ah, glorious girl bonding session here we come!

4. Jerome and I haven't really planned on anything yet but I know I want it to be quiet, simple and just us. It seems like for the past few weeks either we've been studying or stressing about work, so it would be nice to getaway from it all for a while and just spend quality time with each other.

That's about it for now. I have yet to make plans with my highschool friends though. So Chiqui and Susan, any ideas?

2 comments:

Chiqui said...

I'm not a fan of big parties either. Or are we just getting old...? =)

Ok, let's not make things complicated. What about street food?! Let's meet up at People's Support building (Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday this week) and have kwek-kwek, fishballs and lumpia for dinner? Cowboy ang ambiance plus super mura pa. Then let's just have our nightcap at the nearby Starbuck's and talk about the boys.

O diba, pasok sa budget pero kuwela?! Whatcha think? Whatcha think? =)

Mara said...

I love it!!! Tara let's! How about this Wednesday? :)