5.22.2007

In and Out of My Monday Blues

I started writing this yesterday and only had time to finish it today and post it here. Here's how my Monday went...

I woke up today with a bad case of the Monday Blues. For some unknown reason, waking up and dragging myself to the shower was especially difficult today. After 45 minutes of continually snoozing my alarm clock, I finally got up from bed, took a bath, got dressed, fan-dried my hair (wasn't in the mood to use the blow dryer), grabbed my baon and left the house. Finished everything in record time - 35 minutes! I had no choice if I wanted to make it to the last shuttle service to Makati. That's what I get for waking up late. *sigh*

Fortunately, I was able to make it to the last shuttle bound for Makati. I was one of the last passengers to ride the van. And seconds after getting inside, I was fighting the urge to ask the driver to stop so I could get out . . . kasi SOBRANG INIT! To make matters worse, I was squeezed between big men, all sweaty, while the passengers in front had the aircon vent all to themselves! Talk about consideration! Argh!

The good thing is, the ride to Makati only took 45 minutes. So I had the time to stop for coffee at McDonald's and allowed the caffeine to shake me out of my woes. After finishing my caffeine fix, I took a deep breath and felt that somehow I was ready to take on the day. Blues or no blues.

The day flew by quickly at work and I found myself slowly enjoying the day. I guess I do like my job and most especially, my officemates, who have become my friends in my almost two years of stay in our company. In between workloads, Miel and I exhanged stories about how our weekend went - me, attending Jen's wedding and her, attending the Food Expo and her family's Mall of Asia adventure. And as usual, being in the company of good friends made me feel a whole lot better. *smiles*

After work, I stopped by at Coffee Bean to do a little studying. I was sitted by the window and had the view of Ayala Avenue at night. Watching the cars go by and gazing at the tall buildings of Makati had a calming effect on me. I guess I also do enjoy working in Makati.

I went home at 8:30 pm. Had dinner, took a bath and prepared myself to go to bed. Ready to take on another day ahead.

No comments: