8.10.2007

Binondo, Here We Come!

I learned about the Big Binondo Food Wok as I was browsing through hopeful realist’s blog. As she recounted the places they went to and the food that they ate, I knew that I just had to go there and try it out for myself!

Sparked by curiosity, I googled about it and found out that the Big Binondo Food Wok is a tour conducted by a group known as Old Manila Walks. In their website, they describe themselves as a bunch of “passionate, obsessive and saucy ‘street walkers’(!) determined to walk and talk about one thing: the history, the culture and the heritage plus everything over, under, outside, inside this city of our affections - Manila.”

Aside from going around Chinatown, they also do tours of Intramuros, San Miguel(where the Malacanang is), Chinese Cemetery and the Far Eastern University.

Since I was so excited to go on this walk, my office mates and I contacted Old Manila Walks right away and booked our reservations for Sept. 8. In the meantime, I would just have to satisfy myself with these pictures courtesy of Market Manila.

I can't wait to nibble my way around Chinatown . . .


and try this delicious-looking fried-rice...



and have a bite of this amazing lumpia stuffed to gills with vegetables, seaweed, noodles, etc.


and sample this famed Binondo dumplings...


visit a tablea factory...


and lastly, taste this Taiwanese cold noodles with vegetables and peanut/sesame sauce.

Ahhh, heaven! Will post as soon as I try this sumptuous food for myself!

No comments: