2.08.2008

My First Baking Experience

I wish I can gush and write how succesful and delicious my first-ever creation was...but apparently, baking is not as easy as it looks. Lalo na kung yung brand-new oven mo ay hindi umiinit. Hay, Arvin and I were so psyched in baking those oh-so-perfect peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies only to find out that our oven was not working.

And we only found out when we've already molded our cookie batter and placed them on baking pans. Bummer.

But looking back, hindi din naman perfect yung cookie mixture namin. I had to call Miel twice, panicking. Kasi naman, the batter was forming clumps and was not the smooth mixture the recipe was referring to. And Jerome had to rub it in by commenting, "Bakit parang champorado?" Argh!!!

But Miel reassured me that as long as I would still be able to mold my batter into cookies, I was doing perfectly fine. Go lang daw. Ok, so go na ulit kami. After a few minutes of mixing, the batter began to get oily...as in really oily. Panicking, I called Miel again and she explained na baka naman its because of the peanut butter that we used. Go pa rin daw. Basta i-mold ko yung cookies at ipasok sa oven.

Yun lang, when we opened the oven door, hindi mainit yung loob! As in I can touch the wire rack without getting myself first-degree burns. Kamusta naman?!

So, I have to put off learning how to bake and have decided learn to cook na lang muna. Hmm, what should I cook kaya? Any suggestions?

No comments: