2.23.2008

My Not-So-Uneventful Saturday

I woke up at 9 am today, had breakfast and watched The Prestige on HBO. I know the movie was good and would have enjoyed it if I wasn't dozing off every couple of minutes. I was sooooo sleepy *yawns* Although I saw how the movie ended, I think I was only able to watch excerpts of it. Sayang.

After the movie, I went back to my room and slept again until 2:30 pm. I would have slept even more had Jerome not called to say na mag-aral na daw kami at susunduin niya ko in an hour. *groans* Okay fine, makabangon na nga. Ako din naman ang nagsabing mag-aral kami today.

But it turned out, he picked me up 2 hours later. Nahiga daw ulit siya after calling me and had his car tires checked and vulcanized (which was loooong overdue). It was totally fine with me since after getting up from bed, I had lunch, watched some Wowowee, checked my e-mails and went blog hopping. I visited this blog which I ended up reading for an hour. The writer is the wife of Kenneth's friend. He was actually the one who introduced the site to me. Good read, her entries were very honest and sincere.

After picking me up, sinamahan ko muna si Jerome to have lunch at Vibang's It's a popular turo-turo place inside BF Resort. They serve a wide variety of home-cooked Pinoy food at in fairness, it tastes good and the place is clean. We ordered sinampalukang manok, liempo and inihaw na talong. Yes, I ate again. It was around 5 pm na din naman so I said to myself, after-six diet ito. Haha.

FINALLY, at around 6 pm, we got down to business and opened our books at Figaro. I don't know, but for some reason, I just didn't feel like studying today. But since Jerome was so bent on reading the chapter on COPD and Diabetes, na-force na din ako...which is a good thing actually. If he was as lazy as me today, we might have ended up just watching DVDs at home.

Feeling very proud of ourselves (we studied for three hours!), we treated ourselves to a nice movie, the Martian Child. It was a feel-good movie. I had a nice cathartic cry towards the end. Hihi.

I thought this day was pretty much uneventful but at around midnight I got a call from my mom, saying that she was already at the Abu Dhabi airport but was having trouble getting a visa. Her flights were supposed to be Kabul-Abi Dhabi-Manila. She thought that she could get a visa on arrival. If she won't be able to get a visa in Abu Dhabi, she would have to buy another plane ticket which will travel Dubai-Manila (she has a Dubai visa).

So here I am, at 2 am, anxiously waiting for an update from my mom. And this entry is the result of me trying to stay awake.

I hope things work out for my mom. *sigh*

And I hope to get enough sleep for tomorrow's mass.

No comments: